Before we get started, log in to the site with the username admin and password oreilly if you are using the installation profile. We'll get started with a few things that we are going to need.
One thing we will need is a new content type for the product reviews. Based on the Super Duper Chefs requirements, we'll need the following for each review:
• A Pros field and a Cons field to list quick summaries of each product's strengths and weaknesses
• An Amazon Product field to hold detailed product information
• A Rating field, so that visitors can quickly find the cream of the crop
• A Field Group that combines the rating, as well as the pros and cons, for a more attractive presentation
• Comments so that visitors can weigh in with their own opinions
We'll start by creating the base content type and adding the simplest pieces: the basic text fields needed for the Pros and Cons, grouping those fields together, and allowing comments:
1. First, go to AdministersSite buildings-Modules (admin/build/modules) and enable the following modules:
2. Next, go to AdministersContent managements-Content types (admin/content/ types) and add a new content type called "Product review," using the settings indicated in Table 4-1.
Table 4-1. Settings for the Product Review content type Setting Value
Was this article helpful?